History of Cornac Horizontal Boring Mills?

• Auteur de la discussion John Garner
  • Date de début
J

John Garner

Nouveau
Bonjour --

I regret that I do not read or write French at all well, and must resort to English.

I am curious about the origins of the Cornac make of horizontal boring mills. If anyone here can provide background information on the original company and its product line, I would be grateful.

In particular, I wonder 1) when and in which city the Cornac machines were first made, 2) if the maker of Cornac machines made other types of machine tools -- here in the US, the companies manufacturing horizontal boring mills often also made radial-arm drilling machines, and 3) if the original maker of Cornac machines merged with another company or companies before becoming a member of H. Ernault - Somua.

Thank you in advance; I appreciate your time and consideration.

John

O

osiver

Compagnon
Hi John !
I've made a translation into french of your post. This could help finding the information you are looking for.

Je suis désolé de ne pas bien lire ou écrire le Français et de devoir recourir à l'Anglais.

Je suis curieux des origines du constructeur d'aléseuses Cornac. Je serais reconnaissant si quelqu'un pouvait fournir des informations sur la société originale et ses produits.
En particulier, je voudrais savoir
1) quand et dans quelle ville les premières machines Cornac ont été fabriquées
2) si le constructeur des machines Cornac a produit d'autres types de machine-outils. Ici aux USA, les sociétés produisant des aléseuses fabriquaient souvent aussi des perceuses radiales.
3) si le constructeur des machines Cornac a fusionné avec une ou d'autres sociétés avant de devenir membre de H. Ernault Somua

Merci d'avance pour votre temps et considération.
John

John

J

John Garner

Nouveau
Gentlemen --

Thank you very much. I appreciate your linking the Wikipedia article and your translating my request into French.

I would also like to ask if 1) you can suggest one or more "Introductory Machine Shop" textbooks in French that I could study to learn the basics of machine-shop French, and 2) you can recommend booksellers in or close to Paris that would be likely to have such likely-secondhand books available. I am especially interested in the machines and techniques common in the 1950s through the mid 1970s in maintenance-and-repair shops.

Again, merci beaucoup!

John

O

osiver

Compagnon
Pour ceux qui ne lisent pas l'Anglais, John voudrait qu'on lui conseille des livres de base en usinage pour apprendre les bases de l'usinage en Français
Il recherche des adresses de librairies (ou bouquinistes), sur la région parisienne, susceptibles de vendre ce genre de livres, probablement d'occasion.
Il s’intéresse particulièrement aux machines et techniques de l'atelier dans la période 1950 au milieu des années 70. :shock: