Rescued a Schaublin 13 from being scrapped.

• Auteur de la discussion Firststrike
  • Date de début
F

Firststrike

Nouveau
Hi, the pictures show the Schaublin which was going to be scrapped. i paid £100 : Shock: for the machine which the owner said was what the scrap dealer was going to pay, i had no idea these machines had such a following. The machine came with the vertical and horizontal heads, a Schaublin vice, oiler and various collets and cutters. The machine runs beautifully and is very quiet, the only part not working is the rapid travel, when the pedal is depressed the RCB trips. Apart from this minor detail i am very happy:-D. Checked all the oil levels and they were fine the only criticism i can say is grease has been used instead of oil in the nipples.

DSC_0040.JPG

DSC_0043.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

L

Le Prolls

Compagnon
Hi Firststrike,

And welcome to this forum.

You did the deal of the year, everyboby here will be very jealous... :-D...

Very nice machine for the price of the grease pump.

Regards.

F

Firststrike

Nouveau
Had no idea what i was buying, i didn't even want a milling machine but very happy now i have this one.:-D

M

mig45

Compagnon
bonsoir
c'est bien joli tout ca, mais moi, je comprend rien :eek:
cdt

F

Firststrike

Nouveau
Hi Mig45, unfortunately i don't speak French, i have to use Google translate which is ok but not always accurate.

O

osiver

Compagnon
c'est bien joli tout ca, mais moi, je comprend rien
Je peux traduire mais ça va vous faire du mal ... :twisted:

£100 pour une fraiseuse Schaublin 13 avec étau, tête horizontale et verticale, table inclinable, des fraises ...
Seul problème, les avances rapides font disjoncter le différentiel (moteur ??) sinon marche bien ... :smt023

Dernière édition:
O

osiver

Compagnon
That's an incredible deal !
You may have a defective traverse motor. I don't know if they are still available and might be pricey. :???:

F

Firststrike

Nouveau
Bonsoir Osiver, that motor looks very difficult to remove so it will stay as it is for now.: Wink:

F

Firststrike

Nouveau
Looking at the pictures i posted, i should have given the old girl a bit of a clean before posting.:Oops:

F

Firststrike

Nouveau
Swivelling table? i have no idea! I will check tomorrow when i go into work.

J

JASON

Compagnon
Bonjour à tous,

Ce que veut notre ami (Traduction) :
Salut, les photos montrent le Schaublin qui allait être mis au rebut.
J'ai payé 100 £: (118,24 € !) Choc: pour la machine que le propriétaire a dit être ce que le marchand de ferraille allait payer, je ne savais pas que ces machines avaient un tel suivi. La machine était livrée avec les têtes verticales et horizontales, un étau Schaublin, un graisseur et divers pinces et couteaux. La machine fonctionne à merveille et est très silencieuse, la seule partie qui ne fonctionne pas est la course rapide, lorsque la pédale est enfoncée, le RCB se déclenche. En dehors de ce petit détail, je suis très heureux. Vérifié tous les niveaux d'huile et ils allaient bien, la seule critique que je peux dire, c'est que de la graisse a été utilisée à la place de l'huile dans les mamelons.

Vous devez traduire en ligne avec GOOGLE mais il y a aussi un traducteur bien pratique (entr'autres) :
JASON

Hello,
You have to translate online with GOOGLE but there is also a very practical translator (among others):
JASON

Dernière édition par un modérateur:
V

vax

Modérateur
Hello Friststrike,
Welcome on board!

You have a pretty machine now... You are lucky ! :smt023
Checked all the oil levels and they were fine the only criticism i can say is grease has been used instead of oil in the nipples.

Comme traduit par Jason, cette dernière phrase annonce un peu de travail...
De la graisse au lieu de l'huile... J'en connais d'autre qui ont fait l'erreur ! va y avoir du nettoyage à l'essence dans l'air avant de reprendre tout les points de huilage...

Friststrike, you must clean ALL the grease everywhere, you can use gasoline to do that.
When all will be grease free, you will make oil levels.

S

stef1204

Compagnon
Lucky guy you should play on the lottery, maybe you will be a millionaire :siffle:

F

FB29

Rédacteur
the only part not working is the rapid travel, when the pedal is depressed the RCB trips
This motor cannot work in reverse I believe. Check if the three-phases are in the right order i.e. check if the main spiddle engine is actually running forward when the forward control is activated.

Je pense que ce moteur ne peut pas fonctionner en sens inverse. Vérifiez si les trois phases sont dans le bon ordre, c'est-à-dire vérifiez si le moteur principal de broche tourne bien en marche avant quand la commande marche avant est actionnée.

grease has been used instead of oil in the nipples
This is a big issue, you shouldn't continue to run like that at all. I mentioned earlier that the machine looked a bit dry. The issue is that there are a number of long and thin ducts that might be clogged with old and thick grease residues, as on mine. In such a case you need to dismount all relevant parts and clean everything thoroughly .

C'est un gros problème, vous ne devriez pas continuer à utiliser la machine dans ces conditions. J'ai mentionné plus tôt que la machine avait l'air un peu sèche. Le problème est qu'il existe une quantité de conduits longs et fins qui peuvent être bouchés par des résidus de graisse ancienne, comme sur la mienne. Dans ce cas, vous devez démonter toutes les pièces concernées et les nettoyer à fond.

Le X:

IMAG0015.JPG

Le Y:
IMAG0008.JPG

Le Z:
IMAG0043.JPG

Sincerely,
Cordialement,
FB29

Dernière édition:
V

Vergobretos

Compagnon
Hello ,
(joke)
due to your Brexit... you must immediatly ship this machine back to France or switzerland !

A real good deal Firststrike ! :guitou59:

Welcome !

F

Firststrike

Nouveau
Bonsoir DIY_addict, i will box it up and send it back immediately. I just need your address to send it.:lol::lol::lol:

F

Firststrike

Nouveau
Oops the previous post should have been addressed to Vergobretos.

F

Firststrike

Nouveau
This motor cannot work in reverse I believe. Check if the three-phases are in the right order i.e. check if the main spiddle engine is actually running forward when the forward control is activated.

Je pense que ce moteur ne peut pas fonctionner en sens inverse. Vérifiez si les trois phases sont dans le bon ordre, c'est-à-dire vérifiez si le moteur principal de broche tourne bien en marche avant quand la commande marche avant est actionnée.

This is a big issue, you shouldn't continue to run like that at all. I mentioned earlier that the machined looked a bit dry. The issue is that there are a number of long and thin ducts that might be clogged with old and thick grease residues, as on mine. In such a case you need to dismount all relevant parts and thoroughly clean everything.

C'est un gros problème, vous ne devriez pas continuer à utiliser la machine dans ces conditions. J'ai mentionné plus tôt que la machine avait l'air un peu sèche. Le problème est qu'il existe une quantité de conduits longs et fins qui peuvent être bouchés par des résidus de graisse ancienne, comme sur la mienne. Dans ce cas, vous devez démonter toutes les pièces concernées et les nettoyer à fond.

Le X:

Voir la pièce jointe 528460

Le Y:
Voir la pièce jointe 528462

Le Z:
Voir la pièce jointe 528465
Sincerely,
Cordialement,
FB29
That looks like some major work!

F

fertun

Compagnon
Hello,

Google translation is your friend too.
It seems that french "usinage" communauty can help you, this is not my case , I don't know this milling machine.