Cincinnati PF25/26

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
Hi Michel,
do you have a motorized Y axis? or maybe I'm dreaming?
now you can understand why I moved the locking screws from the back to the front of the table?
I installed the DRO linear bar at the back with no diffecelties. maybe you can copy my designe.
Zohar.

Dernière édition:
Z

zohar956

Apprenti
Hello

I follow this topic in the background, and this is a great idea, working with 2 wrenches to remove a tool is really "humhum", i think i will copy, and have a look this evening on how to fix it on my PF25

Hi,
the main problem installing such a pin on the PF25 is that you don't have a flat surface to lean on.
one more option, is to use a bicycle or small motorbike brake system and mount it on one of the driving pullies.(motor or spindel)
if you need some more info &/or advise, don't hesitate to ask. I'm here.
best,

Salut,
le principal problème lors de l'installation d'une telle broche sur le PF25 est que vous n'avez pas de surface plane sur laquelle vous appuyer.
une autre option consiste à utiliser un système de freinage pour vélo ou petite moto et à le monter sur l'une des roues motrices (moteur ou fuseau).
si vous avez besoin de plus d'informations et / ou de conseils, n'hésitez pas à demander. Je suis ici.
meilleur,
ZOHAR.

Dernière édition:
M

mvt

Compagnon
@junkdealer Yes, the 2 axes (X & Y) are motorized. I think the Pussy's solution is a good option. Yes, I resist :) I haven't remove the entire table yet :)
For the collet (ER32 is my main usage), I've a big "sole" downside the "envelope" (en bas du fourreau, it's is going up and down with the tool) with some threaded holes (M8). I add a bolt with a screw. I lock a wrench C spanner and I can screw and unscrew easily to insert/to remove the collet.
I'll take some pictures.

M

mvt

Compagnon
Hello freinds,

Here is the pictures of the "sole" of my F30MH. I add a bolt to screw easily the collets on the collet chuck (ER32)
F30MH-Sem01.jpg

I use the 3 holes on the right to mount my micro lubrication system
F30MH-Sem02.jpg

F30MH-Sem03.jpg

With close picture, I can see I need to repaint some parts ! But it works :)

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
Hi,
I tried to... but, can't understand how this bolt locks the collet chuck.
upload a photo with the installed chuck ....

best.
Zohar.

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
limit switch system for the table.....

système de fin de course pour la table .....

IMG_20191018_131737.jpg

IMG_20191018_131730.jpg

IMG_20191018_131752.jpg

the new, unfinished, and last project is a turnable base for the milling vise.

le nouveau, inachevé et dernier projet est une base de plateau tournant pour l'étau de fraisage.

IMG_20191019_190038.jpg

IMG_20191019_185952.jpg

thank you all.
best.
Zohar.

Dernière édition:
M

mvt

Compagnon
Hi Zohar,

Sorry for the delays.
The quality of the picture is not good...
F30MH-Key01.jpg

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
Hi Michel,
now I understand. you choose a simple and clever way to get your hands free while changing tools,
but still, you need 2 wrenches to do that.
maybe you can mount the upper wrench on a pivot with a spring, permanently, and each time
you need to change tool you just push/pull the handle against the spring to lock the spindel. (just an idea.)
there are many ways to do so, especially if you have a flat surface to lean on.

I hope you feel fine, and I wish you all the best.
Zohar.

Dernière édition:
M

mvt

Compagnon
Hi Zohar,
maybe you can mount the upper wrench on a pivot with a spring, permanently, and each time
Yes, but I need two, one for screwing, the second for unscrewing !
But it's a good idea. I add this project into my (long) list :)
On this flat surface, I also have (unmounted here) my micro lubricant system.
I feel better, thanks. But I need a few days more to "repair" everything

Best regards

Michel

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
Hi,
you don't need 2 wrenches for screwing and unscrewing. look at this basic drawing.

נעילת ספינדל.png

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
the "locking arm" - "french wrench" :-Dshould be with 2 slopes for easier engagment to the "dog". disadvantage is that you have
only 2 locking points.
זרוע נעילה.jpg

Dernière édition:
M

mvt

Compagnon
Ok. Thanks. I understand your proposition. It is better than my "spanner wrench".
It is necessary to let it always open with the spring.
It is easier to use (to change the ERxx collet size) than the tool where you lock the SA30 tool like that one.
You have to unmount and mount the SA30 tool each time you want to change the collet size for example.
Take care if you want to buy this kind of product. The external diameter of a SA30 tool is 50 mm. The groove milled in the tool is only 47 mm so, it is unusable in "horizontal mode". "Vertical mode" is Ok.

I try to mount BT30 tools. But the original tie rod is to short, I've to make a new one (50mm longer).
But my ceiling height is not very high (about 2.20m). I can't remove the tie rod. I've to tilt before but I'm not sure it is sufficient.

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
I understand.
I'll never buy that kind of tool.
to change collet size, no need to remove the chuck and I'v allways wondered why a person would buy something like that.
on my machine I have an SA30- ER-40 (2-30 mm) which fits also to my lathe(collets only), and I don't understand why you use BT chuck.
what realy bother me is the top spindle bearing being hammered, when releasing the chuck from the spindel, and I think to make some
kind of tool to prevent it. (and I'm not tall enough to hit exactly on the tie screw) :wavey:
for your long tie screw??? simply drill a hole in your ceiling:smt043:smt043

now look at another method. basically it is identical to the first one , but that one is vertical.
I hope you'll understand.

Je comprends.
Je n'achèterai jamais ce genre d'outil.
pour changer la taille de la pince, pas besoin de retirer le mandrin et je me suis toujours demandé pourquoi une personne achèterait quelque chose comme ça.
sur ma machine, j'ai un SA30- ER-40 (2-30 mm) qui s'adapte également à mon tour (pinces uniquement), et je ne comprends pas pourquoi vous utilisez le mandrin BT.
ce qui me dérange vraiment, c'est que le roulement de broche supérieur soit martelé, lors du retrait du mandrin de la broche, et je pense
sorte d'outil pour l'empêcher. (et je ne suis pas assez grand pour frapper exactement sur la vis de serrage): ondulé:
pour votre longue vis de serrage ??? percez simplement un trou dans votre plafond: smt043: smt043

regardez maintenant une autre méthode. il est fondamentalement identique au premier, mais celui-ci est vertical.
J'espère que vous comprendrez.

Zohar.

IMG_20191031_140556.jpg

Dernière édition:
M

mvt

Compagnon
Hi Zohar,
and I don't understand why you use BT chuck.
'cause I've a MT2 (CM2 in French) - SA30 (MT30, but it is only available "at a correct price" :) with a BT30 attachment) I use it with mills. A friend of mine give me about 30 or 40 mills, the major part are new, but they are with a cone (BT2 or BT3, type B in Chinese nomenclature, the type A has a "tenon", usable only for drilling or threading for example).
I didn't find the same system (you have to screw the mil into the mt2 or 3 to SA30) with a SA30 (MT30) adapter. I found only MT30 adapters.
I'll try to add a small part on the top, M12 male at the bottom of that part, M12 female at the top. I'll do it next week if I've some free time.

I also have a Nikken collet chuck, but it has a BT30 attachment too. I've to find the complete collection of collet, I just have 5, with one BT1 collet and one BT2 collet in it (and 6, 8 and 12mm)

The first locking system is really simple. May be I can make the second one with the pivot mounted on the "plate".
Thanks

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
Hello friends!
Here are the final results of more than 6 monthes of intensive efforts.

Bonjour les amis!
Voici les résultats finaux de plus de 6 mois d'efforts intensifs.

IMG_20191228_105451.jpg

IMG_20191228_110524.jpg

IMG_20191228_111949.jpg

electrical cabinate

armoire électrique

IMG_20200201_113159.jpg

IMG_20200129_151435.jpg

IMG_20200131_135646.jpg

PVC chips gaurd - keep the machine clean & protect the table surface. easy to remove.

Copeaux de PVC gaurd - gardez la machine propre et protégez la surface de la table. facile à retirer.

IMG_20200201_105216.jpg

IMG_20200131_133136.jpg

IMG_20200131_133156.jpg

IMG_20200130_160731.jpg

here is a temporary short video on YT shows the operating of the broach descent.

voici une courte vidéo temporaire sur YOUTUBE qui montre le fonctionnement de la descente en broche.

[MEDIA = media] xc08SxkOykM [/ MEDIA]

thanks.

Dernière édition:
L

Le Prolls

Compagnon
Hi Zohar,

Very nice machine, you did a great job, congratulations.
You will enjoy working with it.

Regards.

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
Thanks man,
indeed, this is a great machine for an amateur like me.

best regards,
Zohar.

Dernière édition:
A

Astore

Ouvrier
Zohar, you did a fantastic job here, hats off!
Zohra, boulot fantastique. Chapeau!

A

Astore

Ouvrier
And BTW Zohar, the rotating vice base is a great idea, I’ll copy that!
Par ailleurs Zohar, le plateau tournant est une bonne idée. A copier!

Z

zohar956

Apprenti
Where are you man? I missed your presence so much!
thanks a lot Thomas. do you remmember my first post? "every journey starts with a small step" ....... now it comes to the end.
best wishes Thomas, and thank you again for your support all along the way.
Zohar.

Dernière édition:
A

Astore

Ouvrier
Thank you Zohar. I just looked at the first pictures of the machine on the junkyard. Some difference!
Merci Zohar. Je viens de regarder les premières photos chez le ferailleur. Ca fait une différence.